Water is life. Water is the source of every living sentient being. The human body is 70% water.
Unfortunately in today's age drinking clean water isn't always possible. Tap water has become a source of toxic fluoride and theres often prescription drugs floating through our water supply. What may appear clear and clean could possibly be a toxic swamp of chemicals.
Here are 4 ways to ensure you are drinking clean water. If you follow these tips daily your skin will shine brighter, you will have more mental clarity and your overall immune system will be strong. Because truly, water is life!
1) Lemons and Limes : Add lemons to your water. Just by adding lemon to your water you are creating the perfect alkaline drink to keep you healthy and energized. Lemons in your water will naturally cause your body to detox the inorganic minerals and toxins from your body. The vitamin C and antioxidants in lemons will fight free radicals and help the body produce collagen for healthy wrinkle free skin. Lemons also contain pectin, which acts as a fiber to help you feel full longer and therefore could lead to weight loss.
Pro Tip : Buy conventional or organic lemons with seeds. Avoid genetically modified seedless fruits which contain no real nutrition.
2) Reverse Osmosis Water : Drink reverse osmosis or distilled water. Another simple way to ensure your water contains no chemicals or fluoride is to buy distilled water or reverse osmosis water. Distilling water will purify the water of all inorganic minerals leaving you with clean, pure water. Many people think distilled water will leach out the minerals from your body but that isn't true. Distilled water only flushes out the "inorganic" minerals. These inorganic minerals are poorly absorbed and rejected from our tissues and if not cleansed they can harden the arteries, cause arthritis, kidney stones, degenerative diseases and obesity. I recommend drinking a mix of both distilled and RO water (We switch back and forth) . And remember all you need to do is add some lemons or cucumber and you now have healthy mineral water.
“The DISTILLED WATER helps clean the inorganic minerals from our body that have accumulated over the years. It helps transport the toxins out of our body. And we need an ABUNDANCE of this water, initially, as we are trying to help the body FLUSH these toxins out so that we do not have to deal with a lot of symptoms of detoxification from cleansing.” — Dr. Olin Idol, N.D., C.N.C., from, “Distilled Water”
3) Coconut Water : Coconut water is one of the purest waters on earth! The juice from coconuts is naturally alkalizing and the perfect liquid for our body. The coconut is a natural water filter that takes almost 9 months to filter each liter of water. The water travels through many fibers, being purified where it is stored STERILE in the nut itself. An interesting fact is that Coconut water is identical to human blood plasma which makes it the universal donor "Clean Water". With the perfect balance of electrolytes coconut juice is the best sports drink for athletes to stay hydrated. I recommend drinking real coconut juice, rather than the boxed kind because nothing is better than the REAL THING. Many commercial coconut waters sold in supermarkets are made with added sugars or concentrates which I personally avoid so look out for those. A coconut a day keeps the doctor away!
4) Eat the most hydrating fruits and veggies : Most fruits and vegetables are filled with the purest clean water. The cucumber for example is 96% water. This is the perfect vegetable to juice giving the cleanest liquids. My recommendation is to incorporate a variety of the highest hydrating fruits and veggies in raw form. You can eat these in there natural form or make healthy juices. Here are some of my favorite fruits and veggies with a their respective water percentages. Cucumbers 96%, watermelon 96%, pineapple 95%, celery 95%, lettuce 95%, tomatoes 94%, cantaloupe 89%, all forms of melons, blueberries 95%, pear 92%, grapefruit 90%. You can also make home made vitamin or detox water by soaking some of these fruits and veggies in a liter of water and enjoying that. Be creative find ways to enjoy these gifts of nature and your body will thank you leaving you with healthy beautiful skin to show.
I hope you enjoyed my 4 healthy tips for the purest water. Try these out this week and see how you feel. Remember, water is life and the best thing we can do for our body is drink the purest, clean water.
Additional water tips:
- Drink warm water first thing in the a.m. to help the liver and kidneys flush out toxins.
- Warm water flushes out phlegm and assists in nasal and throat congestion, digestion and make you more regular
- Add Mint or Basil to your water for added flavor and tons of nutrition
- Add Cayenne pepper and honey with cinnamon
- Add Apple Cider Vinegar to your water ( make sure it is the kind with the "mother")