Roasted Vegetable salad with Avocado Dressing
I love being inspired by great cooks and beautiful plant-based recipes. A few days ago I saw this amazingly simple recipe on my facebook and shared it. Last night I made it with my own changes and twists and it turned out FANTASTIC!
It's hard to make a mistake with something so simple, and if you know delicious food, and if you use fresh and good ingredients this one tastes anything but simple. PJ and I have decided to save this Avocado dressing recipe and make it often. To drizzle over our salads, rice & beans, sweet potatoes etc.
So give this one a try and let me know what you think.
"Tasty's" video (which I tweaked slightly) is added at the end of this post, so feel free to try any version you like, or your own version with your favorite veggies and spices! I'm going to change it up and make it a few more times myself too!
Greens are the best. They pair well with almost anything and are full of nutrients. I love that this recipe makes for a light dinner that can be enjoyed without the heaviness of grains or beans.
Because the veggies are seasoned so simply, you can really taste their REAL flavors and I LOVE that!
This dressing is sooo good. Make it with or without the salad to use in sandwiches, as a dressing on your own salad creations, on sweet potatoes or drizzled on any veggies really.
Roasted Veggie Salad With Avocado Dressing
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 medium Butternut Squash (peeled and cubed)
- 3 Carrots ( chopped -I used organic colorful carrots , purple, yellow, orange)
- 1 medium Red Onion
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Mixed Green ( as much as you desire)
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 small garlic clove
- 1/2 Lemon (juiced)
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper (Optional)
- 3 Tbsp cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C
2. In a large bowl, mix the butternut squash, bell pepper, carrots, onion, dried oregano, salt, pepper, and olive oil until the veggies are evenly coated.
3. Pour the vegetables onto a baking sheet in one even layer and roast for 50 minutes.
4. To make the dressing, place the avocado, garlic, lime juice, olive oil, cayenne, salt, and pepper in a blender or food processor and blend until the mixture is light and creamy. Add a little water if the consistency is to thick.
5. To assemble the salad, place a handful of mixed greens on a plate and top with roasted veggies. Spoon on the Avocado Dressing and serve.
Notes - You can also add some brown rice over the greens and then add veggies and the dressing for a more filling meal.