Spiro Sweet Potato Fries like never before !
Sweet potato fries are one of the most delicious foods ever! Don't you agree?
Its also so simple and quick, easy to make and so good for you!
Today I want to share this simple recipe, but obviously, with an Indian twist. Its got spices that not only have numerous health benefits, but also makes for a combination that is absolutely amazing.
You could use regular potatoes, but sweet potatoes are tastier and healthier, and that makes all the difference!
So here goes...
Serving Size - 2 -3 (or less cause you might enjoy these a little too much)
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayanne pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/4 tsp garam masala - optional ( a blend of ground up indian spices you should be able to find at any good grocery store)
- 1 tsp sea salt (or more)
- Pre heat oven at 450F.
- Peel and spiralize the potatoes. If you don't have a spiralizer, cut the potatoes into about 1 inch thick strips.
- In a large mixing bowl, add spiralized potatoes, sea salt, garlic, turmeric, cayanne, cumin and garam masala.
- Drizzle in the olive oil and toss well so all the fries are coated.
- Oven bake for 15 minutes or until crispy. As the fries cool a little they become even crispier. Enjoy!
Notes : Some ovens are different than others. Keep an eye on the fries so they don't burn. 15 minutes should be enough but if you like them a little crispier give it a little more time.
The garam masala takes it to a different level! Try to get your hands on some. I will be posting a lot more recipes where it will come handy. Plus, its got some great health benefits too!
Don't bother with a spiralizer if you don't have one. I don't use one when I'm in india and the outcome is just the same.
Like. Comment. Share.
Willing you good health, always