Turmeric Ginger Honey
This concoction is considered to be the strongest antibiotic described in Ayurveda. The blend of honey, turmeric, ginger, and black pepper has very powerful healing potential.
It can be used for fighting bacterial and viral infections, as an anti-inflammatory potion that eases seasonal allergies, and also as a general immunity booster (taken every single day).
Unlike artificially synthesized drugs, this natural mix comes with no side effects, it promotes beneficial gut flora, and improves digestion, among a ton of other benefits!
- 1 Tbsp Raw honey
- 1/2 tsp Pure turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated ginger root ( use a microplane grater if you have one)
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
For an extra kick and for additional health benefits you can also add:
- 1 Pinch cayenne pepper or,
- Lemon - juice and zest (preferably add this fresh, each time you take the concoction)
Add turmeric powder, black pepper and grated ginger to the honey. Mix well until the mixture is really smooth. If you're using the cayenne pepper or lemon you can add those into and incorporate well. The consistency at this point should be that of a smooth thick paste.
Store the concoction in an air tight glass container, and refrigerate. It can be stored for up to 2 weeks. (Do not consume if it develops a metallic taste).
Instructions for use
The amount you take depends on your needs and health problems
- If you're getting over a cold or flu, take:
- 1/2 tsp every 2 hours on the first day
- 1/2 tsp every 3 hours on the second day
- 1/2 tsp 3 times a day on the third day
- For general immune support and seasonal allergies, take 1 tablespoon daily
- If you are treating a respiratory condition (such as asthma, bronchitis, lung problems), 1/2 a tsp 3 times a day is recommended.
Interesting fact: Turmeric is most effective when taken at specific times - depending on your condition.
- Before eating is best for throat and lungs.
- In the course of eating is best for digestive system.
- After you have finished eating is best for colon and kidneys.