So Delicious Roasted Cauliflower
Recipe by : Emilie Demarquilly
Do you love this awesome cruciferous vegetable?
I hope do, because in my opinion its absolutely delicious! I love that it has a delicate taste, which means it easily takes on the flavors you add to it, while still retaining its character! Personally, I feel like the simpler you keep it the better the dish turns out. This is one of those for sure. Few ingredients BIG flavour. Thank yah beautiful Emilie. You guys will be seeing a lot more of her delicious recipes in our page :)
I love that she used a combination of herbs and spices. Thyme is one of my favorites! you can use dried or fresh.
Coming back to the star of the recipe ... cauliflower!
Did you know? One serving of cauliflower contains 77 percent of the "RDA" of vitamin C. It's also a great source of vitamin K, protein, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, magnesium, phosphorus, fiber, vitamin B6, folate, pantothenic acid, potassium, and manganese!
Here's the amazing recipe Emilie shared with me. I like that you can enjoy this as it is (as a side dish), but you can also add it to meals like a salad or rice, in a wrap with some hummus or tahini sauce or even my "cashew gravy" .
Its low calorie, low carb and super yummy.
- 1 Head Cauliflower
- 1-2 Cloves Garlic (Chopped)
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- Pinch of Thyme
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- Cayenne pepper (to taste)
- Wash the cauliflower and put it in a plate
- Add chopped garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and thyme in a bowl and mix well.
- Pour the mixture as evenly as possible over the cauliflower
- Season with salt and cayenne pepper as per your taste
- Pop into a pre-heated oven at 400F for 45 min (add some water/vegetable broth if you see that the cauliflower is too dry)
- stick in a sharp knife right in the middle to see if its cooked through. You want it cooked through, but still firm.
- I like to add some
You can chop (after its slightly cooled) into big pieces and serve as a side with a rice dish, salad etc.
Alternatively, you can add it into your wraps, salads, spiralized zucchini noodles ..mm endless combinations...Get Creative!
Thank yah beautiful Emilie for this great Recipe.
Stay tuned to this blog space for more of Emilie's recipes!!