Coconut Curry Rice + Simple Roasted Broccolette
After a long day or hard work. A quick, nourishing, delicious meal is a must. You deserve it :)
PS - Sorry for the pictures or lack thereof. This was totally impromptu but absolutely a must share!
- 2 Cups cooked brown or short grain rice
- 1/2 can coconut milk ( I used lite coconut milk)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 3-4 stalks celery, diced
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach
- any other veggies you like/have... like peas, zucchini, mushrooms, potato..get creative :)
- 4 cloves garlic ( I use dehydrated organic garlic flakes and they make my life so much easier)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil/olive oil
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp Organic Turmeric
- 1 tsp Organic Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ++ sea salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
Get an amazing deal on our Taste of India Bundle here
- In a large skillet, heat oil and add in the garlic and let it brown slightly. Add all the other vegetables and 1 tsp sea salt. Let it cook. ( the salt pulls water from the veggies and cooks them without having to use too much oil. As a rule, I try to cook with as little oil as possible.
- Add in the coconut milk and spices ( curry, turmeric, cayenne, pepper + more salt if needed). Cover and let it simmer on medium for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add in the rice and the spinach and mix well. Lower heat, cover and let cook for another 5-7 minutes. Taste to check for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- Garnish with fresh herbs like cilantro or basil and serve hot!
I served it with some roasted baby broccoli and it made a very wholesome delicious meal!
Simple Roasted Broccoli
- 2 big handfuls broccolette, trimmed, washed and towel dried *
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice + rind
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- Sea salt, to taste
- Heat oven to 375 F and layer a baking tray with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl, add lemon juice, rind, olive oil, garlic and mix well. Add broccolette into the bowl and toss well to coat. Let it sit for about 10-15 minutes for all the flavors to combine. If you don't have time, you can skip the wait
- Carefully lay all the broccolette pieces onto parchment paper. Add in the extra lemony garlicky goodness that is stuck to the bottom of your mixing bowl. DO NOT SALT.
- Roast in the oven for about 15 minutes. Watch it after 10 minutes at every 2-minute interval to see that it's not burning.
- It should be nice and charred but not burned. Take out of your oven and let it cool and sprinkle with some sea seat and pepper before serving with your main dish.