Candied Walnut, Fig and Arugula Salad
Total time: 15 mins
The synergy of flavors of arugula, fresh figs, and toasty maple-flavored walnuts prove that you don’t need a lot of ingredients to create an exciting salad.
- 2 to 3 big handfuls baby arugula
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 4 to 6 fresh figs, stemmed and sliced into eighths lengthwise
- Any simple Vinaigrette ( I like to mix olive oil, lemon juice, salt and ground pepper) or I like to even toss in some homemade Pesto (recipe coming up!)
- Combine the walnuts and syrup in a small skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until the syrup reduces and completely coats the walnuts.
- In a serving container, combine the arugula, red cabbage, figs, and walnuts.
- Moisten as desired with vinaigrette, or serve vinaigrette on the side :)